Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Indie Week 2008 Re-Cap

I don’t think up until this point that there has been a week in my life that has gone by so fast and been so fun! Not only was Mrchgrl an official sponsor of Indie Week Canada 2008, but I was also the Assistant Co-Ordinator for the whole event. It kept me extremely busy while delegating my [awesome] volunteers, making sure everything was running smoothly and even stage managing a show here and there. Overall the week couldn’t have gone BETTER! Every single band that performed was a-mazzzzinnng and they all were so eager to learn about the music industry and the things that they could do to gain exposure and earn some money.

The winners of Indie Week were Walter Mitty & The Realists who came over from Ireland. I saw this band perform at the VIP Launch Party on the Tuesday before the event and even then I knew that they could take the cake. It has been a long time since I have seen a band perform with so much enthusiasm!

You couldn’t have asked for better bands and people to work with, everybody was more than happy to lend a helping hand and everyone who participated did an amazing job!

I made a ton of wicked contacts this week and I think that the next few months are going to be insanely busy for me! Looking forward to working with all of you again in the near future!

Love Ella, xoxo

No comments: